Firangiwada Heritage Walk
Art and Design
About the experience
Discover Firangiwada – a small hamlet formerly inhabited by the Portuguese community in Diu. With residents that ranged from colonial Viceroys and Fidalgos, to Indians who converted to Christianity, the neighborhood is brimming with intriguing tales from a long forgotten past.
- Get a vivid introduction to one of the most iconic areas within the Estado Da India (the former colonial Portuguese Empire of India).
- Discover what lured the Portuguese into Diu and their strategy behind building Diu’s iconic fortress.
- Visit stunning heritage structures – from intricate Baroque churches and memorials to residential homes – and explore relics and artifacts that date back to the medieval times.
- Witness the marvelous Indo-Portuguese architecture, with its distinct symbolism and iconography.
- Immerse yourself in stories about the advent of the Jesuit order in Diu.
Need help to choose an experience, or combine multiple experiences to make a day of it, or make group bookings for 20+ people?
Call: +91 9764972646
Our experiences are led by passionate, professional, English-speaking local storytellers.
Similar experiences nearby
Diu • 1.5 Hours • From Rs. 100
Similar type of experiences
North Goa • 3.5 Hours • From Rs. 1400
North Goa • 3.5 Hours • From Rs. 1800
South Goa • 2 Hours • From Rs. 1200
North Goa • 1 hr 15 Min • From Rs. 500