Toast to New Year 2017 under the Kumaon Sky
[trx_column_item align=”left”]A simple but rewarding experience in Uttarakhand as you stay in remote villages, trek through the forest with breathtaking views of the Greater Himalayan peaks, and get a taste of the local culture.
Dates: 28th Dec 2016- 1st Jan 2017
Starting from: Kathgodam
Type: Culture, Wildlife, Birding, Adventure
Cost : INR 28500 per person
[trx_tabs style=”1″ initial=”1″ scroll=”no” height=”300″ bottom=”20″ left=”20″ right=”20″]
[trx_tab title=”About the trip”]
Toast to New Year 2017 under the Kumaon Sky
New Year parties are so ‘been-there-done-that’. How about a unique new year’s eve, away from the usual humdrum this time?
Make It Happen in association with Travelderness brings you an alternate way to celebrate the new years, under the Kumaon Sky. A simple but rewarding experience in Uttarakhand as you stay in a remote villages, trek through the forest with breathtaking views of the Greater Himalayan peaks, and get a taste of the local culture
• Stay in a homestay in Gaunap village inside Binsar Wildlife Sactuary
• Night jungle trek and safari to explore wild residents of sanctuary
• Wonderful opportunities for birding
• 8 km trek from Gaunap village to Dhaulchini
• Explore the ancient temples in Vridh Jageshwar and Jageshwar ((Jyotirlingas & ASI protected monuments ),
• Bring in the New Year in Shaukyatha village with locals performing Kumauni folk music and dance.
28th Dec 2016: Arrive at Kathgodam and transfer to Binsar Followed by trek to Gaunap village
Transfer from Kathgodam to Binsar by Taxi, ( Shatabadi from Delhi- kathgodam reaches at 11.40 am. ) From Binsar to Gaunap is a 2 km downhill trek. Get familiar with the family at Gaunap homestay and the small village over bonfire and authentic Kumaoni dinner. Overnight at Gaunap
29th Dec 2016: Get immersed in the breathtaking Himalayas and Kumaoni lifestyle – Birding, Jungle trek, and village activities.
Early morning start at 7 am to the local village temple for a breathtaking view of the greater Himalayan range. Return to homestay for breakfast followed by a 2 hour birding session. Lunch at the homestay. Afternoon get your hands dirty farming in the fields/ walk around the village interacting with villagers. Evening tea and snacks, bonfire and dinner followed by a jungle trek for an opportunity to spot the wild residents of the sanctuary. Overnight at Gaunap.
30th Dec 2016: Trek to Dhaulchini and visit Anandmay Ashram.
Post breakfast, 8 km trek / about 4 hours takes you to Dhaulchina, check in at Maa Anadmayi guest house in time for lunch. Post lunch we will take a short walk (15 mins) to Anandmayi Ashram. Some afternoon birding and back to the homestay for evening tea and snacks. Dinner will be followed by a jungle safari to the Binsar wildlife sanctuary from Dhaulchinna gate. Overnight at homestay in Dhaulchina .
31st Dec 2016: Explore the ancient hindu temple in Jageshwar and bring in the New year with local Kumaoni folk dance and music at Shaukyathal village.
Post breakfast transfer to Shaukyathal by Taxi .Post check in , drive to Vridh Jageshwar and Jageshwar to visit ancient hindu temples (Jyotirlingas & ASI protected monuments ), the temples are located on the banks of a perennial stream and the beauty of this quaint little town is mesmerizing. Retuen to the homestay for lunch, evening free to explore the area around the homestay. Late evening enjoy a unique performance of Kumaoni folk music and dance to welcome New Year 2017!
1st Jan 2017: Return to Kathgodam
Post breakfast transfer to Kathgodam for onwards journey ( Shatabadi leaves Kathgodam station for delhi at 3:35 pm )
[trx_tab title=”Other Information”]
Cost: 28,500 INR per person (6-8 people group)
• Accommodation in home-stays or guest houses. (Western toilets mostly). Homestay in Shaukyathal will have shared rooms ( 2 rooms, 1 hall, 2 toilets)
• All meals starting from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on the last day.
• Vehicle transfer Ex Kathgodam wherever travel by road is required. (Toyota Innova or equivalent)
• Ponies/porters for personal luggage (1 backpack per person – max 12kg) and common luggage
• Cultural program of Kumaoni music and dance.
• All meals included in the package are vegetarian. In some places it should be possible to get eggs and non-veg food at an extra cost.
Other important information
• Please ensure that you get only a backpack for your luggage.
• Do bring along a day-pack for carrying water, some snacks, medicines etc.
• Carry snacks such as energy bars, biscuits, hard-boiled sweets and Electral or Electrobion for oral re-hydration.
• Water is safe to drink in these places but you may want to carry some chlorine tablets for purification (available in medical stores) or personal purifier bottles.
• BSNL and Idea mobile signals are easily available in this area but not the others.
• Gaunap is not connected by the grid. Please get power banks and spare batteries for cell phones and cameras.
• Temperatures are likely to drop down to 0ºC at night. Please carry appropriate warm clothing.
• Note that facilities are quite basic but neat and clean.
• It should go without saying but, no littering please! Do minimize non-biodegradable items that you carry. All non bio-degradable trash has to be carried back with you, as there is no municipal waste management in these places.