About the trip
Oyster Opera” is done and run by G.S Gul, a national honor awarder for his effort for uplifting poor coastal folk by applying innovative ideas.
At Oyster Opera, local villagers involved in shrimp, clam and mussel farming have been specially trained to receive, tend to and entertain guests. Cottages named Mussel, Shrimp, Pearl oyster etc to blend in with the theme, and a House boat which cruises through beautiful backwaters are reserved exclusively for guests
• Stay on an island
• 13km backawater trip covering Mangrove Island and Sandwich beach
• Coracle boat ride, canoeing, Country boat fishing, volleyball, shuttle
• Swimming in the back water away from the shore
• Island Hoping
• Visit to the Mussel farm
• Arrive at Kasargod.
• Warm Kerela Welcome on Check in
• Post lunch walk around, canoeing, boating , coracle rides .
• Evening leave for Sunset cruise ( 13 kms), and visit the beach.
• Spend first half of the day at the resort, Swimming in the backawaters, connoeing and other activite
• 4 pm onwards: island hopping, walk past mussel farming area & estuary. Return to the resort post the sunset.
• Evening /830pm: Dinner : Bonfire & Dinner.
• Check out at 11 am
• Optional: Lunch at the resort ( at extra cost)
• Ceck out post lunch and transfer to airport/ railway station for your onward destination
Location: Oyester Opera is located near the town of Kanhangod, south of Kasargod, North Kerala.
How To Reach Oyster Opera
Nearest airports: Mangalore, Calicut
Nearest Bus Station: Cheruvathur (8 Km )
Nearest Railway Stations: Chervathur (7 Km)
By Air: From Mangalore Airport 120 Km
By Air: From Calicut Airport 180 Km
By Air: From Cochin Airport 360 Km
By Air: From Bangalore Airport 380 Km