Saligao Village Walk
A walking tour through Saligao, one of the more prosperous villages in Goa that reflects the style of the renowned artists of Goa.
Starting Point : Mae De Deus Church, Saligao
Duration : 3 hours
Fixed Departure : 4:30 pm on Fri and Sat
Cost : INR 500 per person
Private : Daily 4:30 pm
Cost : INR 500- 2000 (Depending on group size)
Type : Heritage, Culture, Architecture,
[trx_tabs style=”1″ initial=”1″ scroll=”yes” height=”500″ bottom=”20″ left=”20″ right=”20″]
A walk through the splendor of Saligao village
A walk through Saligao, one of the more prosperous villages of Goa, owing to the business acumen of its early settlers. The architectural aesthetics of Saligao today reflect the creative style of some of the renowned artists of Goa who have chosen to live a splendid village lifestyle.
– A guided tour by a friendly local guide
– Visit Goa’s only Gothic style church.
– Walk through the wards of Saligao village flanked by rice fields.
– Explore contemporary Goan art and architecture.
– Get a chance to meet some of the artists at their homes.
What to expect:
The walk begins with the introduction of Mae De Deus Church and a briefing about the early settlers of the region.
Proceed to walk into the village wards through the trails flanked by beautiful rice fields. Visit a house that showcases Portuguese style architecture and interiors and also meet some the artists at their homes.
Fixed Departure: 4:30 pm on Fri, Sat
Cost: INR 500 per person
Private: Daily at 4:30 pm
Cost: INR 500- 2000 per person (Depending on group size)
Closest Airport: Dabolim Airport.
Closest Railway Station: Thivim Train Station which is 20 km away from Saligao.
Bus : In Panjim where major state transport corporation buses operate. In Goa you will find the Kadamba Transport Corporation (KTC) which originates from Goa, Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC), from Maharashtra, and the Karnataka State Road Transport from Karnataka. All the state transport buses, usually begin and terminate at the Kadamba bus stand in Panjim.
– Local English-speaking guide
– Entry to Heritage homes
– Meeting with well renowned Goan artists
– Hotel pickup and drop-off
– Additional food and drinks
– Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
– This Tour is organized by Make it Happen, Travel Designers a tour operation company committed towards curating and developing cultural and community based tours.
– By showcasing local artists and craftsmen we aim to preserve these dying arts forms. We will take you to a few recommended stores where you can buy local products. Shopping at these stores helps inject money into the local economy.
– Please follow instruction and safety guideline of our guides during the tour.
– Be aware of people’s sensitivity to being photographed. Please ask first. Please take permission of the host before photographing inside the houses we visit.
– We are committed to a healthier planet. We recommend to carry reusable water bottles and avoid the use of disposable plastic bottles.