St. Estevam Boat Cruise
A boat cruise through the serene, exotic backwaters and St. Estevam island exploration.
Starting Point : Gandhi Circle, Old Goa
Duration : 4 hours
Fixed Departure : 10:30 am on Saturday
Cost : INR 1250 per person
Private : Daily 10:30 am
Cost : INR 1250 -5200 (Depending on group size)
Type : Nature, Heritage, Architecture,
A boat cruise through the serene backwaters around St. Estevam island.
Take a boat cruise to explore the backwaters of St. Estevam that boast of rich assortment of diverse flora and fauna. Dock at the isle, a quaint scenic estuarine village to experience an offbeat Goan lifestyle.
– A guided tour by a friendly local guide
– Explore the rich biodiversity in the mangroves.
– Chances of spotting crocodiles and migratory birds.
– Visit the St. Stephen’s church dating back to the 16th Century.
– Explore the 16th century fort nestled in the wilderness of the Isle.
– Lunch at a hilltop restaurant.
– Transport arrangement from pick up point.
What to expect:
The tour involves a boat cruise through backwaters around St. Estevam island with chances of spotting crocodiles and exotic migratory birds. The rich mangroves form a perfect habitat to enjoy nature at its best.
The 16th century fort and St. Stephen’s church form major highlights of this quaint, scenic island village.
Fixed Departure: 10:30 am on Saturday
Cost: INR 1250 per person
Private: Daily at 10:30 am
Cost: INR 1250- 5200 per person (Depending on group size)
Closest Airport: Dabolim Airport.
Closest Railway Station: Thivim Train Station which is 15 km away from Fontainhas.
Bus : In Panjim where major state transport corporation buses operate. In Goa you will find the Kadamba Transport Corporation (KTC) which originates from Goa, Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC), from Maharashtra, and the Karnataka State Road Transport from Karnataka. All the state transport buses, usually begin and terminate at the Kadamba bus stand in Panjim.
– Local English-speaking guide
– Boat cruise through backwaters
– Lunch at Hilltop Restaurant
– Vehicle pick up and drop from starting point
– Hotel pickup and drop-off
– Additional food and drinks
– Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
– This Tour is organized by Make it Happen, Travel Designers a tour operation company committed towards curating and developing cultural and community based tours.
– Make It Happen has collaborated with Goa Heritage Action Group (GHAG), an NGO committed toward preserving the natural and built heritage of Goa. Part proceeds of this tour are donated to GHAG. GHAG supports in providing content and training to guides for this tour.
– By showcasing local artists and craftsmen we aim to preserve these dying arts forms. We will take you to a few recommended stores where you can buy local products. Shopping at these stores helps inject money into the local economy.
– Please do not tip our guides (in case you wish to make an additional donation to Goa Heritage Action Group, you can speak to the guide)
– Please follow instruction and safety guideline of our guides during the tour.
– Be aware of people’s sensitivity to being photographed. Please ask first. Please take permission of the host before photographing inside the houses we visit.
– We are committed to a healthier planet. We recommend to carry reusable water bottles and avoid the use of disposable plastic bottles.